Friday 30 December 2011

WOOD LARK-MORDEN BOG-APRIL 2011

The Woodlark has a wonderful, yodelling song which is always a delight to hear and makes early morning visits to Morden Bog all the more worthwhile. Morden Bog is an open expanse of heathland surrounded by pine woods and younger conifer plantations which are favoured by this bird. I consider myself very fortunate to encounter a Woodlark perched in an old decaying tree, as they are normally found on the ground or in flight. On this occasion a male was happily singing away as I slowly got closer and closer until he was within camera range. I managed to get some reasonable shots with blue skies. The other shots are of a male on the ground who flew very close to my location.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home